Monday 31 October 2016

Is it possible to be a mother with no maternal instinct?


Hi Reddit,I'm a first time poster so apologies I'm not sure of all the acronyms that get used on here! I was hoping I could get a little random advice on a topic that's been bothering me for a while now.Basically I'm a 25, a female and have had absolutely zero exposure to children/babies/siblings/people younger than me in general. I'm still the baby I've my entire family, I'm a tomboy so have no female friends to babysit for or talk with.What I'm starting to wonder is if I could ever be a good mother in the future if my partner and I wanted kids. I've been told by my own mother I'm not very maternal and I'm unlikely to have any but I was never given the opportunity to practice the way other girls do growing up ie looking after siblings, dolls etc.I know my partner would make an excellent father one day if he wanted but I'm worried I would let the side down by being hopeless at it. I was hoping to get responses from absolutely anyone who felt similar, or could advise, guys or girls?Is there anyone out there without a maternal bone in their body but had a child and found they could make a good parent? I find myself thinking of all the educational and fun places I would take my child but I'm starting to get worn down by all the comments I get telling me it's not for me.Thanks Reddit and sorry for the length of this post! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2eVkE19

No comments:

Post a Comment