Saturday 29 October 2016

Newer parent looking for advice on coping with anxiety about your child


Hello all I'm a new mom to a 10 month old girl. Last night she was vomiting and inconsolable with a 102 fever. We took her to the ER. All tests looked good, just a virus! We just have to wait it out and keep the temp under control with Tylenol.Not a big deal, but I can't seem to stop worrying about her, even though logically I know she is fine. I've struggled with anxiety in and off so I recognize that that is what is going on. I can't sleep, forgot to eat all day, and my pulse is racing. I'm literally sick with worry about her.I guess I'm just looking for some support or advice to get me through this! I've had a hectic 2 weeks and this is the second illness of hers in those 2 weeks. I know I'm not keeping up my self care to regulate the anxiety. I am not on meds right now, but I was post partum. Maybe I need to start them back up? I don't know. I just feel so powerless and overwhelmed!Tell me this gets easier? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2eY4mVJ

No comments:

Post a Comment