Wednesday 26 October 2016

My toddler has some sort of fixation with breaking glasses, what do I do?


So my 2 and a half year old son is turning out to be quite a handful, every morning he likes to sit on the kitchen counter and have his milk and since a few weeks he's been demanding that he wants his milk in one of the glasses from my wife's fancy dinner sets...the problem is when he is done with his milk, he just throws the glass on the floor and laughs...We tried giving him his milk in a plastic cup, in a shiney steel cup, in colourful cups, in nemo cups and all sorts of cups and glasses but he won't have it. he just spills it or refuses to touch it, he would rather starve than not break glass it seems....he wants his milk in nothing but the crystal glasses and he just loves to break them afterI don't know where he's learnt this from and my wife is very upset about this, we don't know what to do, he's a very sweet child otherwise and he's not a bully or anything, there's something about breaking glass that he thoroughly enjoys and we can't figure out why...I don't even think he's ever seen glass break before the first time he asked for milk in the crystal glass and broke it...What do I do? Has anyone had a similar problem wth their child?He broke the 8th glass today lol, my wife doesn't even enter the kitchen at milktime anymore so i've been giving him the milk and cleaning up the glass after he's done lolMy wife is worried that this is a sign of some psychological problems but I just think he likes to see glass shatter... via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2eSXTuP

No comments:

Post a Comment