Sunday 30 October 2016

Nanny leaving family. How to say "goodbye"


So I'm not sure if this would be better suited for a different subreddit. The nanny subreddit I saw didn't have that much subscribers. But I figured someone here might be able to help me.I'm a nanny to an adorable 2.5 year old. I started with her 2 years ago when she was a baby and had worked with her full time the first year and part time the second year. So I'm very attached to her and she's also attached to me. I'm pretty much a 3rd parent to her.The issue is I decided I need to move back to my home town 8 hours away. It's really the best thing for my future goals, but I'm really sad to be leaving her. I planned on making a little picture book for her to explain this situation. I also plan to visit that city occasionally and will try to meet up with her and she can call or face time me whenever she wants.But I'm not sure how to first explain this to her. If anyone here has any advice on how to bring this up to her I'd love to hear. I don't want her to feel like I'm just leaving her. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2dSioe8

No comments:

Post a Comment