Monday 31 October 2016

I am an introvert and am struggling as a parent. Any tips or suggestions?


Man, I am really struggling!Background: I have two kids, both young, in school.School has been something I have struggled with it since September and I feel like it just gets harder, and I worry that my lack of "mom socializing" is negatively impacting my kids, especially my son (6).I feel exhausted all the time trying to keep up. Another mom said they had FOUR birthday parties this past weekend. FOUR! It takes all my energy to make it one. The regular moms have playdates everyday of the week, rotating homes, plus are on every committee you could imagine. I feel obligated to stand with them when I do drop-off and pickup and we are friendly, but it's like this who world of Mom-hood that I not only can't penetrate, but don't want to. I do try to attend things (last week I went to a CEM), I volunteered in the class a few times, but it exhausts me.But I don't want my (extroverted) son feeling left out. When he asks, we stay for playtime, and he has fun, though he does play alongside then, as aside from with them, probably because he isn't around them as much.We have little to no family where we live, so we are used to just hanging out as our immediate family. I find the pressure of interacting and keeping up with being a SAHM with school age(d) kids. Has any other introverted person experienced this? How did you make it all work? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2f17H8Q

No comments:

Post a Comment