Monday, 25 March 2019

Today my daughter hates me, I must be doing something right.


Yesterday my daughter came to me telling me she has a girlfriend. My response was 'ok' as I carried on trying to get a whole house tidy while the newborn naps. She's never once shown interest in girls so over dinner we had a little chat about how it can be difficult dating someone you were good friends with first and how if (when) they break up their friendship might suffer. Other than that not much more was said. She's only 12 so still exploring all life has to offer and I can't take any relationship interest seriously at her age.After the kids were in bed my partner and I discussed this relationship and were on the same page about rule when it comes to any of our kids dating anyone. The main rule being no sleepovers.This morning at breakfast we told her that although she's free to have any female friend stay over night, girlfriends are not permitted. This is where sparks started to fly. Apparently this rule is unfair as it's her bestie and her gf. After a heated argument about why I'm such a tyrant she leaves for school slamming the door as she goes.Today my daughter hates me so I must be doing something right.... right? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2JDMQZM

No comments:

Post a Comment