
I’ve been lurking around and I decided that this is the place to ask for some help. Thanks in advance for reading/sharing your thoughts. (I’m still somewhat new to reddit so forgive me if I don’t use proper acronyms or understand some of them)So here’s the deal. I (f31) have been a stay at home mom for a bit over 3 years now. My husband (m32) is a hard working supportive man, and he’s an amazing father. My boys (6 & 3) are good kids for the most part. They are kids after all! I love them dearly. Recently though I feel like I can’t stand them. I know. It sounds horrible. How can a mother not like her children. I just don’t know how else to put it. I’m exhausted with them. The bickering, constant questions, need for a snack every 30 seconds... I feel like I’ve hit he end of my rope. I’ve been short tempered and unkind over the last month or so. I find myself apologizing for raising my voice more often than ever before. I fear it’s beginning to be bad for them, and I am at a loss for how to correct my impatience.My oldest is in 1st grade and he’s been having a rough couple months in the classroom. He’s been in two physical scuffles (not really fights, no one got hit) with a bully and has told me he doesn’t like or trust his teacher. He such a sweet boy. I can’t believe he’s been struggling so much.My youngest has started throwing tantrums like crazy. Every little thing warrants an ear piercing scream and throwing any near by objects. This could be a phase, but he has always been my mellow one. It seems out of character.I personally feel like I just can’t do this anymore. I take every opportunity to check out when my husband is home. I know it’s unfair to him and the kids, but I’m on the verge of loosing my shit pretty much all day every day. So when I don’t have to be involved I’m just not.The reason I started staying home in the first place was the cost of child care vs the income I could bring in without pulling 60-70 hour weeks. I live in the suburbs. It’s a beautiful house. We have a pool and a park. We have an amazing yard and safe streets to play on. I have everything I could possibly need. But still I’m just exhausted with being alone with my kids all day most every day. Any advice on how to snap out of it would be so much appreciated. I want to give my boys the best of me. And right now they’re seeing me at my worst. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2HF9nmT
No comments:
Post a Comment