Monday, 25 March 2019

Why can't just me and my kid play at the park?


This is gonna sound super grumpy and social anxiety but I'm needing to vent this out. I can't really comprehend this situation.I'll be playing w my 5 year old daughter at the park, we're always having fun running around, playing tag and what not. No matter who is at the park with us, for some reason a random child always attaches to us. At times yes - the more the merrier but other it's kinda visible we're in our own world.I sound like such an asshole but sometimes I just wanna play w my kid and not have to entertain other ppl's kids.Yesterday we were playing tag and some random girl started following us around, so I said hi what's your name and all that, she didn't talk back so I was like okay not my kid not my problem. Continue playing. Then I'm getting looks from the dad and I'm worried he thinks I'm a baby sitter instead of the mom of my daughter. Does he want me to sit their kid or something?We go on the swings and all of a sudden the mom comes over with the girl, she says this is namesie, I told her my kiddos name. She basically just stood there while we were swinging (just got on 2 mins ago) and I was like does namesie want a turn ? No one said anything... awkward. So I kindly force my kid off the swing coz namesie clearly wants out attention..even tho she has two parents and and a sibling at the park with her.Anyways I initiate games w my daughter and namesie. I'm all for my daughter making friends where she goes but I feel like I kinda get stuck baby sitting. I played tag w them while both parents sat on the park bench. We pretended to be spiders and lions for a while. I can let them play alone but my kiddo is a bit shy with one on one play time and will just keep running back to me until she decides the park is no longer fun and she wants to go home. The mom then came over asked the usual, how old, what's the name, what school etc. Small talk completed. Lol I'm a real asshole for this but no. I'm all for making friends but I'm not letting us latch onto every single person that I end up pretty much babysitting. I don't get why the mom or dad didn't play with namesie and why they preferred me to do it. But I don't always want to. Niether does my daughter.I get that she's supposed to make friends and I'm here to assist with that. But sometimes we both just wanna play without anyone else, be in our own little world. When I'm responsible for my babe I feel a bit more at ease than when I'm involved playing w other kids. What if we're playing tag and she falls? How am I gonna feel about that ? I was chasing her after all.I don't know why I feel this urge to spend alone (play time) with my daughter and why it bothers me so much when other kids wanna get involved. Needed to vent this ridiculous thought. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2CEGrHQ

No comments:

Post a Comment