
My husband and I have an amazing 2 year old daughter. Before we had her we always planned on atleast two, since having her we thought maybe one and done. I was so fiercely one and done but lately I’m unsure.I can picture my future life clearly with two children growing up. I can also picture it clearly with one.Sometimes it feels like a member of our family is missing, but a lot of times it feels like our family is complete.I imagine life with our daughter, and the adventures we can go on and it’s amazing. I can also imagine adventuring with two kids.We have little to no outside support, so that makes it harder. The first 6-9 months of our daughters life were quite trying on our marriage, but things are really great now, and my husband is an amazing father.I think about the bond my daughter might have with a sibling, but I realize it isn’t all rainbows and puppies and that they might not get along.I really struggled the first year. Having a baby is HARD! It’s gotten so much better and more fun now, I know in my head it would go by quickly with a second child as well and we’d be back to having fun again. But I also think of how special our bond can be if we stick with one.This is also a horrible thing to admit, but we have a child who is healthy and so far developing completely normally. The thought of having another that maybe doesn’t scares me.As you can see I’m a total mess when it comes to this. My husband is fine either way, but if we have another he’d like it to be sooner rather than later, after she’s about 2.5 he wants to close the door completely (if we’re trying he’d keep trying)What made you decide to have another? Or not? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2U5yR2R
No comments:
Post a Comment