Monday, 25 March 2019

Learning about empathy and reciprocation via FaceTime


My daughter (8) and her cousin (11) have just figured out they can text and FaceTime through their iPads. Last night they were on FaceTime and my daughter was kind of showboating and talking a million miles a minute for most of the conversation (fairly typical of this age I think, paired with the excitement). Her cousin eventually had to go down for dinner so they said goodbye and promised to talk tomorrow. My daughter came out and said “that was so fun!” And I said, “I’m glad you guys can talk even when you’re not in the same house! How cool! I know it’s fun talking about you, but maybe next time, it would be nice to ask her about her and and listen to some of her stories as well. What do you think?”And she sighs and says, “ugh, mom! Why didn’t you give me that idea when I was still on FaceTime with her!”It made my entire night. Little humans are so funny. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2WmMp7q

No comments:

Post a Comment