Sunday, 24 March 2019

Noise sensitive parents- what are your tips and tricks for taking care of yourself?


Hi Parents,I’m a soon to be FTM in May and recently have been feeling anxious about my sensitivity to sound and how it will affect my mothering. I have a lot of experience with kids 1-10 yrs from being a nanny for six years. From that I remember that there were times I just couldn’t handle certain things after a while or that I was feeling particularly drained. Kids music is absolutely painful sometimes when driving, especially if I need to concentrate on the road. Tv shows and certain toys that make loud repetitive noises can get under my skin. Kids themselves, when they’re hyper and can’t control the volume of their voices, can sometimes make me feel uncomfortable and overwhelmed.My coping mechanisms in the past were mostly to take little breaks from the kids when safe and to just breathe for a minute in the bathroom or another low stimulation kind of place. But I have to say that I mostly got through the tough days comforting myself with knowing I’d be able to leave in a matter of a few hours.Obviously that won’t be an option when I’ve got a little one of my own. So, I was wondering if there are any parents that have similar issues as me and how you’ve learned to take care of yourself amidst the chaos.I also want to mention that I absolutely love and adore children which is why I chose to be a nanny for so long and am having children of my own. This problem isn’t extremely severe for me, but one that I do feel like I need some help with which is why I’m trying to prepare myself now.Thanks for taking the time to read this! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2OmKRrr

No comments:

Post a Comment