
My daughter is 8 weeks old. She was born with a birth defect that, without treatment, would prevent her from walking. The treatment takes several years and ranges from uncomfortable to painful. Since she was 2 weeks old, she has been in full leg casts. It is incredibly difficult to find positions (holding, sleeping, baby wearing) in which she's comfortable.I am a SAHM and also have a toddler. I feel obligated to put on a happy face for the benefit of my toddler. It is so incredibly difficult. I have been plugging him in front of the TV (something I swore I would never do) so I can dedicate more time to comforting my daughter.I feel like a failure because I can't comfort my own daughter. I'm angry that she has to suffer. I hate that I can't dedicate more stimulating time to my toddler. I'm struggling to cope.This is my first ever Reddit post, so please forgive any format errors, etc. I don't have a specific question per se... Just reaching out for advice/support. There isn't anyone in my life I feel comfortable talking to about this except my husband. He is wonderful, but he works long hours and comes home stressed. I try to keep on a happy face for him, too.Thank you in advance for reading this and any advice. I don't know that I will have time to thoughtfully respond to comments, but I assure you I will read and ponder them all. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2HR6m2b
No comments:
Post a Comment