Monday, 4 June 2018

How to befriend neighborhood kids when my son goes to school across the city?


We moved back to the neighborhood I grew up this past year. It is a close knit, Irish Catholic community that's part of the city but has a somewhat suburban vibe.My son (7) goes to a private school on the other side of my city (but we are not in a major city with traffic issues). He is doing wonderfully there, so I don't really want him to change schools. He has lots of friends he plays with at school and occasionally outside of school, but they are all over the place.I would like him to have some friends that are within walking distance. I always envied kids in cartoons and movies like the Sandlot who always had friends around.I signed him up for a writing camp at a bookstore in our neighborhood and he'll be doing soccer in the park near our house over the summer. I hope it works out. It sucks because I HATE small talk, but I also don't want my son to be lonely. I'm also worried because I work 3-4 evenings a week.Does anyone relate to this situation? I'm sick with anxiety over this. I'm not even sure if I need advice, I think part of me just wants to feel like I am not alone. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2sFrRKj

No comments:

Post a Comment