Tuesday, 22 August 2017

Is it okay for me to be naked around my daughters?


I have two daughters, aged 8 and 6 and we've always been very open with our bodies around the house within reason. We certainly don't flaunt it but we only have one bathroom so walking naked around the bedrooms and bathroom is fairly common. So the background is that we don't mind and the girls don't seem to mind either.However, the 8 year old is getting older and will likely to hit puberty in the not too distant future. I want to make sure that by being naked around her will not damage her psychologically as she matures. I'm also conscious that at a time when her body is changing we may be asking her to cover herself up more which I'm worried will send the message that you should be ashamed of your 'new' body.Is there any quality advice or research out there? In an ideal world we would like to promote body confidence and that it's something you should be proud of and happy with but at the same time I don't want to fuck them up in their future relationships. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2x8TblJ

No comments:

Post a Comment