
There seems to be a school of thought that crying babies causes the release of bonding hormones in mothers, but not fathers; as such dads can get angry when dealing with kids, and that's OK.I saw that in this thread, and had to offer my own counterpoint.Speaking as a dad to a nearly 10-month-old, I don't think this applies universally.Granted that I am not the primary care-giver, seeing as I have to work, but I have not once found my baby's screams and what-have-yous to make me remotely angry. Frustrated, exasperated, sure, but never negative emotions directed at him. (My wife, on the other hand, can get overwhelmed and angry, but she is more of a passionate, labile person in general.)I can tell you the exact moment I bonded with him: seeing his 1st ultrasound at, what, 13 weeks? Ever since I saw those kicks and movements it was just... just love, really. And it's not just him, either: I'm now insanely broody and feel like I love all babies, everywhere. I can remember being irritated by noisy babies on trains and buses, but that feels like a different life.In all honesty, I feel like most dads are like this. At least, I like to think so.Afterthought: I've always wondered about people who get passionately angry about abstract things that shouldn't really matter, like sports, games, religion, nationality, and such; there just seems to be some folk who do, and some folk who don't. Perhaps there is some connection to this. For me, I only really get angry about things like cruelty, injustice, and neglect, and can't really imagine any other emotional affect.I'm not sure there's necessarily a big gender-divide on this, and there is likely more interesting factors at play. So now I am wondering: how do you guys emotionally react to the stresses of your kids? To life in general? To other kids? How about your partner? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2vUY6YH
No comments:
Post a Comment