
First off, sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this, but I'm not sure where else to go. For a bit of context, my wife and I have been married for coming up close to 14 years now. We have 3 children, aged 12, 9 and 5. Unfortunately, my wife took it upon herself to find another man. I found out around a year ago and we tried our best to work through it, but things have been getting worse and worse between us. She's been with him on and off for this period. Recently, she called it quits on me and the kids. She moved out to be with her new man. I've been trying to play it cool with the kids, and just tell them that their mom is staying with her aunt. This has worked for a few weeks, but they've been getting more and more antsy and asking lots of questions. To throw a spanner in the works, my wife got some fancy lawyer.I got an envelope the other day, including the details of the divorce filing... and to rub salt into the wound, a photo of my wife and her new boy toy with some nasty things written on the back. I'll admit, I got quite angry, maybe angrier than I have a right to be. I ripped up the envelope and it's contents and threw it into the rubbish bin. I realised later in the day that I'd let me anger get the better of me. So I dug through the bin looking for the documents. My heart sank when I saw that they were missing.I knew immediately what had happened. I walked into my eldest sons room, to find him and his brothers, in tears, with a bunch of torn paper strewn across the floor. I'm now trying to console my kids as they've just found out that their mom has run away, in the worst possible way. My eldest and youngest have locked themselves in their room for the last few hours.What the hell do I do? I'm freaking out. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2g9b67z
No comments:
Post a Comment