
So I have started watching my 4 month old nephew. I have a 4 and 5 year old. Today was the first day I had to get my kids to school while watching my nephew. So I get him in his infant car seat carrier and snapped into the base, no problem. I get to the school and I can’t get the car seat off the base. I hear the first bell ring, 5 minute warning. I am yanking, pushing buttons everything I can think of, while my kids are just staring at me. I hear the 2nd bell, kids are officially late for school. I finally give up and in latch the base from the van, get my kids out, and struggle to carry this now ridiculous contraption or base and car seat into the school. The office staff standing there to write down all the tardy kids and give them a hall pass looked at me and are like “aren’t you supposed to leave that part behind?” They had a good laugh. My son goes off to his class and I take my daughter to her preschool room (this is why I actually had to get out, the preschoolers have to be signed in). Cue the whole scenario all over again, though with more laughter because the teacher actually knows me. I finally get him back to the van and all hooked up, I get home and pretty much instantly find the right button to unlatch the car seat from the base. I was soaked in sweat. I had a text waiting from my sister-in-law asking how drop off went and I pretty much made her morning too. Honestly I can’t stop laughing when I think how ridiculous I looked carrying a baby in a car seat strapped into the base into an elementary school. So there’s your morning laugh. I am sure I will have more moments later, it’s amazing how less than 4 years ago I was doing all these things but I am feeling new all over again. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Ut6Mm6
No comments:
Post a Comment