
I never quite understood this when people say this to me and my wife. It could be in reference to us going on a trip with our young toddler or discussing sleep strategies or anything else that would either seem really joyful or really traumatic.People would advise to do something or not do something under the presumption that my daughter wouldn’t remember it anyways.I don’t believe this is true and honestly, I don’t believe other people do either. If that were the case, why do anything fun or good with our babies at all?I have a feeling that we are all made up of a collection of experiences that start way back there. Our entire being is built upon a foundation and the things we do actually matter. I don’t think you could live out the other side of that coin. They might not remember specifics, but the things my baby learns one day carries onto the next and develops her personality.There are so many things in my life that I either don’t remember or struggle to recall unless someone reminds me specifically. There are fundamental things that have built up my own character but they aren’t defined easily.Am I just being crazy here? This is something people outside of my immediate circle say, right? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2WM1foh
No comments:
Post a Comment