Wednesday, 3 April 2019

Help. Neighborhood 9 year old sexually abusing other kids?


I'm seeking advice and don't really have a judgement on what's happened. I'm not sure saying "sexually abused" is the right word given the age, but it drives home clarity about what's happening. I'm in tears and freaking out. I'm being anonymous and vague for hopefully obvious reasons.A couple 9/10 year old boys in the neighborhood have shared with parents that another young boy has shown them porn and then asked / encouraged that they put their mouths on their private areas - which they did. Now, I get that kids, particularly younger boys, will be exposed to pornography. What I'm seeking advice about is that the boys who were exposed to this, are clearly having trouble rationalizing and understanding what happened. One recently was involved in those body safety talks that kids get, and he now believes he/they did something terrible.Not sure how best to help these boys. All of them. Not sure how to have a conversation with all the parents, particularly the parents of the boy who's clearly exposed to this stuff at his age. Is this something we should be concerned about or is it normal and just unusual? None of this has any concern about their sexuality and preferences, I'm concerned about their exposure and comfort with what happened at this age... and how it will affect them as adults.My anger is as great as feeling a need to call CPS on the family of the boy prompting this. Clearly they're neglecting what he's exposed to. I don't actually intend to though, unless all the advice and some professional guidance tells me we need to... I'm not a fan of helicopter parenting and we have to accept the fact that in today's world, if we're going to give our kids space and freedom from being watched like a hawk, they're going to discover these kinds of things. Again though, it's not the pornography that's as great as a concern as the impact the *touching* has on the boys introduced to it.... seems that were it an adult, this would clearly be a crime - since it's boys, how do we best parent?? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2UeA5tA

No comments:

Post a Comment