Wednesday, 3 April 2019

Has anyone else noticed that parents are becoming more accepting of kids being racist/intolerage/edgy? Is it a case of parents giving their kids too much freedom to express themselves or something else?


Yesterday there was a thread about kids using the n-word and I commented on it. I noticed that anyone who said to punish him or discipline the kid, who was "Latino" (not a race, btw), for using the word was downvoted. People instead talked about how there are nuances and how it's acceptable now and how it's not so black and white, pun not intended. The top comment was from a parent who allows her kids to use the word. The person who said to stop him from hanging out with his friends was promptly downvoted. That's a perfect example.This isn't just on Reddit though. I have noticed an increase in teenagers being more edgy with their opinions. Taking pictures doing racist signs or posting racist shit online. As a parent of teens it makes me what the parents are up to. Do they not care? Has allowing kids to express themselves gone too far? Have you noticed this shift in your area? If I thought half the things these kids do I would have been slapped silly. What changed? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2K4d0oJ

No comments:

Post a Comment