
We live in the United States where circumcision is still common. My husband was circumcised and we circumcised our first son (now almost 11) just because it seemed like the obvious thing to do at the time. I don't know anyone who wasn't circumcised. We started talking to more people and I realized that circumcision wasn't as common anymore as I thought. We did some research and said we wouldn't circumcise again. We ended up having a girl next but then had another baby boy (now 2.5) after her. He's intact.My main concern was with having him not match his dad and brother. He Is starting to notice and I'm not sure what to say. He showers with my husband sometimes and has asked about it. He changed with his older brother yesterday before getting in the pool and asked about it. We just told him that penises look different. I don't know if that was enough though and am now a little worried that this is going to cause problems down the line with insecurity. According to Google our state (Texas) is almost 50/50 split so I don't worry about him standing out in the locker room but am worried about him standing out at home.Does anyone have experience with an unusual situation like this? Husband and one son circumcised but the rest aren't? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2sB3ixS
No comments:
Post a Comment