Tuesday, 22 August 2017

Struggling to balance this whole parenting thing...


Hi Folks,I recently stumbled upon this sub and I'm really glad I did. I'm hoping you guys will understand what I'm feeling and may be able to lend some support/guidance/advice.The short version is I'm struggling with depression. The longer version is, I'm finding it super difficult to manage my one year old (who doesn't sleep), my pregnancy, my home, my job and my relationship. I'm withdrawing from friends, I crave time alone, and I'm running on empty.I'm really lucky to live in Canada and to have had a one year mat leave, along with a really supportive husband. I feel like I should be able to keep it together but I can't. I started therapy to help me manage everything but honestly, I just want to call it a day, leave my job, keep my son in daycare and take care of myself.I feel like I deserve to finally throw up my hands and say I've had enough and take care of me, but realistically, we could use my salary.Is there anything you can suggest to help me feel better? My patience is wearing thin, I feel like I'm lacking in the mom/wife department and I really need a break. I need to work enough hours to qualify for mat leave and then I'm leaving (november) but I feel like I won't survive. How do you manage it all? Is this just life now? Constant stress and chaos? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2vcwkUO

No comments:

Post a Comment