Tuesday, 22 August 2017

My 7yo son seems to think news is fake news


So I had a strange conversation with my son yesterday on the way home from the eclipse.We were discussing whether we should have taken photos, and I mentioned that most news sites would have better photos than we could get on our phones. He said they were 'fake news', and the images were probably faked.This is the weird part though. I'm a reporter myself! He saw me interviewing people and filing stories during the day. He acknowledged that my stories weren't fake, but insisted that everything else was. And not only that, he saw the eclipse for himself...He's a big fan of YouTube shows, for stories about Minecraft etc, so I'm sure that part of this is coming from those 'celebrities' he watches. I just wonder if any of you have had to have a similar conversation with your kids about how to figure out for themselves what's real, and what's 'fake'. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2inz7bR

No comments:

Post a Comment