
I have 2 kids, 7 and 5 and I do love them both so much and in many ways can't imagine my life without them but I do not like my life and I don't like what being a mother has turned me into. I feel like I have had to sacrifice so much to be a mother and that if I had known what it would be like I don't know if I would have had them.I feel like all I do is cook and clean for them, I'm always having to think about their schedules as well as work a full time job I don't really enjoy but having kids costs money and so I need to work, I'd love to do what I studied at university but it would take time to build up to earning what I am now and I need the money for my kids. I tell myself I will do it when they are older but I'll be pushing 60 by the time my youngest is no longer reliant on me financially and that's just too old.Someone with more energy could do it, I thought before I had them I could do it but I just don't have that energy by the time they are in bed and I can sit down I just fall asleep.Having kids has also effected my marriage badly. My husband is a good man but we have so little time for each other between childcare and full time work. We used to be so happy together before the kids came now it feels like when we have any free moment we'd rather do something alone than together.It's not just me either, I see it all around me, so many marriages struggle after kids and so many dreams down the toilet.I look at them and feel so much love but it all other aspects of my life I feel so unhappy.Surely I can't be the only one? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2vidcUD
No comments:
Post a Comment