Thursday, 24 August 2017

18 month old has always had issues and doctors won't assess her


For about the first six months of my daughter's life she only slept around six hours per day, broken up into one hour increments. On average she would full out cry/scream for 16 hours per day. (I took notes and tracked everything to show her pediatrician.)I did nothing different between 7-8 months but overall things were great. That was the only time I had a semblance of normality.After that, it was back to screaming and crying ALL day, but at least she slept through the night and took naps.The current issues is that she tantrums around 100 times per day. If it's less than that, it's because she has been crying non-stop, sometimes for a full hour at a time.She will play with her dad about half the time he tries to engage with her, but rarely with me and never with anyone else. If I play with a toy, she takes it from my hand and throws it. If I give her something she throws it. She's constantly trying to pull me over to different things. Regardless of if I go or not, she will scream, throw herself down, and sob. Whenever I try to interact with her with something, she pushes it away.She has never let me cuddle her, but will let me carry her. She doesn't say any words but she understands them and will follow directions well when she isn't tantruming.Recently it seems like she has been reaching for things and staring at things that aren't there, but it might just be normal toddler silliness?She wakes up about a dozen times a night (always has) wailing for about ten seconds and will fall back asleep.I've taken her to over a dozen pediatricians in two cities and an urgent care. They all just say things like, "The first one is always the hardest." Or "Being a mom is hard." If I ask to be referred to a specialist or anyone to observe her, they tell me she's fine.I have no idea what to do. I am making yet another appointment, but this is likely the 20th-something one I've made. I also called a specialist directly yesterday and am supposed to hear back today or tomorrow.I guess I'm just looking for ideas or suggestions on things I could try or look into? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2w7y1UR

No comments:

Post a Comment