Monday, 22 May 2017

Playdate mom is always late for our playdates and unresponsive to my texts until she's on her way, should I say something?


I'm starting to get really annoyed at my son's friend's mom. My son is only 3, but he and his friend are inseparable and recently the friend switched daycares. They miss each other and even cry for each other, it's so cute. But whenever we decide on a playdate, she is at LEAST an hour late, and up until then, she won't respond to my texts asking her what's going on. She always "falls asleep" or something. It drives me nuts. She did it yesterday and I was so close to telling her to forget it but I wanted my son to see his best friend. I'm thinking of saying something to her the next time she asks if she can bring him over. I feel neurotic sometimes like I need to be more laid back but I just can't. I live in South Florida and it's very common for people to be late to everything. It's a Latin culture thing. And it's fine if it's adults, but not for a playdate when my kid hasn't napped and he's literally at the window waiting for his friend. It pisses me off. I feel like I'm the only person on earth who is conscientious of time (not just my own) and making sure I communicate if I'm running late. It seems like NO ONE is on time to anything and no one gives a shit about communicating.Example: My son was invited to a birthday party from a kid in his class. The invitation said 2-6. We got there at 2:15-2:20 and no one was there except for a few women preparing some fruit juice thing. It was at a park pavilion and there was a bounce house and everything. Food was there, but not opened and ready to be eaten. Long story short, people started showing up around 3:30, including the birthday boy and his parents. Food started to be served and cooked at 4:00. I was livid. Does anyone else go through this? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2qITUJ1

No comments:

Post a Comment