Monday, 22 May 2017

My step daughter absolutely adores me, but her dad hates me and is trying to brainwash her to hate me too.


My 4 year old step daughter absolutely adores me. I've been in her life since she was a baby. Her and I are best friends and have developed a great relationship. Her father on the other hand hates me with all the might in the world. I don't care what he thinks of me because I have an amazing life with my wife and step daughter and his opinion means nothing to me.But here's the issue. This guy is making it a point to turn his daughter against me. He tells her to be mean to me, tells her lies about me, screams at her when she talks about me, etc (she tells me these things voluntarily). Every time she comes back from his house, she acts completely different with me. She ignores me, yells at me, just completely different child and when I ask her why she is being mean, she replies "My dad told me to be mean to you".I mean, I get the whole jealousy factor, I am 10x more successful than he is while being almost ten years younger than him. I'm able to provide for my wife and his daughter better than he ever could/will, I own my home and have a selection of toys (boat, cars, motorcycles, etc). He still lives with his parents and can't afford to pay bills. I've gone above and beyond to make sure that his daughter has a beautiful and healthy childhood.I'm really trying not to be that guy and talk shit about this guy in front my step daughter, but he's making it more and more difficult for me. I'm a very lax person, I work hard every day for my family, and I'm put in a position where I want to rip this guy's head off. I know that won't do anything other than aggravate the situation and possibly hurt my relationship with my step daughter.I've tried to be nice, and pretend all the shitty things he does don't happen, but it's getting hard to ignore the this. I just want to enjoy the rest of my life with my family without having this go on. I don't know what to do anymore. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2qe4UKU

No comments:

Post a Comment