Friday, 3 March 2017

Smoking pot in the house with a new baby


My husband began smoking pot a few years into us dating. It started out a very recreational habit, and over the years has developed into a constant habit. The first thing he does when he wakes up is smoke, he comes home from work in the middle of the day to smoke, and he smokes all evening right up to when he goes to bed. Marijuana is legal in our state now, and while a part of me recognizes this is not only legal but less harmful than other habits (say, drinking or other drugs), I am increasingly concerned about what this will mean when our baby is born this fall. While he is usually not incapacitated, I still am nervous about what seems like a clear dependency. Once in awhile would be ok, I think, but this is much more than that. (Plus it's about a $$400/month habit, give or take, which is money we could of course use for other purposes.) I don't see him stopping, nor thinking this is a problem to do in front of our child--even if this activity is "hidden" I can't imagine a young child wouldn't put two and two together after awhile. Am I overreacting, particularly since it's now legal? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2miQhI2

No comments:

Post a Comment