
A few weeks ago, I realized that my 15-month-old was now old enough to notice that our house was messy, and to notice what Mommy and Daddy do to clean it. Since I didn't want to raise a helpless little flower who didn't know how to adult, I started making a point of cleaning up when she was around and getting her to "help" me. (prior to that, I would clean after she went to bed - it was easier that way). We also decluttered the house so it would not be such a mess. The kid started "helping" me sweep the floor after a few days of doing this, and really enjoys doing that.Today, after the kid was done playing, I said "cleanup time", and she put away all her toys, all by herself. First time she did that.I was raised by messy parents and never taught how to clean; I had to learn that by myself as an adult. I still remember the frantic "OMG, we've got guests coming over; we need to clean!" I want my kid to see that cleaning and putting things away is a normal part of life, and I don't want her to panic about guests coming over. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2lI2hzE
No comments:
Post a Comment