Tuesday, 21 March 2017

Should I be worried/paranoid about 3-year-olds symptoms/complaints?


I know this may be silly because his temperature is 98.5 and he's acting 100% normal and very energetic but he's had a minor ear infection for a while and I didn't get his prescription until today. He's had no pain or symptoms from this ear infection besides occasional discomfort blowing his nose. I took him to ENT friday and sure enough it's infected and BOTH tubes have fallen out. We are having surgery for new tubes on Thursday. Anyway he complained he was "cold" constantly today (it was 75 in the house). He's never complained about being cold before. Even in snow. Could this be chills even without fever? Also before bed he complained his neck hurt.I don't know how much of this is 3 year old attention grabbing nonsense or if any of it is a warning sign of something else. But I'm so paranoid. You know when you google something and it's like CANCER AND DEATH! Of course I googled here symptoms and it's "SEPSIS FROM EAR INFECTION" and "MENINGITIS" naturally.So please tell me I'm paranoid because we certainly can't afford another ER bill over nothing... via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2mPcsCX

No comments:

Post a Comment