
Never pored here before. I gave two sons, 6&8, they are both relatively good kids. Their grandma comes over at 7am so I (mom), can leave for work early. Grandma gets the kids to school and goes about her day. Well, my older son is typically really great in the morning, but he does have ADHD, and can be temperamental. Today after school, completely unprovoked, he told me he woke up cranky, he was tired, and hit the wall with his fist, then grandma told him, "fuck you."I don't know how to handle this. I'm the last person to walk on eggshells around my kids, but even to me, those words are NOT ok and although I've dropped an f-bomb in front of them plenty of times, I've never said that TO them. I did ask her about it in a non-accusatory way, just asked if my older son had an issue this morning. In which, she replied, "yes (told the same story he did about him hitting the wall), and I am not happy how I reacted, but he was obviously overtired." So no denial. Should I let it go? Address it? I've already addressed it to my son, so I'm thinking he will say something to her regardless.Please, more experienced parents, I need your advice! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2nYCBPT
No comments:
Post a Comment