Tuesday, 21 March 2017

2 year old needs some bloods drawn. What's the best way to go about this for him?


Yesterday I had a whale of a time going chemist to chemist to buy some numbing cream for him, so on the day we go we're numbing both top of the hands and both elbows. But I had a very traumatic experience with a blood test when I was around 5 and it set in motion to be petrified of needles, at 25 and pregnant with my 2nd child I've finally gotten over my fear, but will still need to lay down and feel giddy every time. My mum has always had an obvious fear of needles and blood tests so I fed of her anxiety.So firstly I was wondering if it would be beneficial for him in the long run to have someone take him in who wouldn't be anxious over the whole thing? Or would mummy always be best? He dislocated his elbow last year and just 'needed mummy' I have a huge mummy's boy on my hands. But I'm pregnant, hormonal, and a little upset for him, will this make it worse for him?And is there anything I should avoid for rewards? I read on here once that food/sweets, shouldn't be used as rewards because it can have negative effects on children's diet and could eventually lead to comfort eating, is that really the case for a one off treat? He's really into the easter egg hype that's obviously going around.Any other advice I'd much appreciate! I'm just trying to do the best for my son before any negative criticism comes my way. Thank you. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2mobnpD

No comments:

Post a Comment