
My son (14 yrs) is athletic, and a young man (20) who is interested in coaching and becoming a trainer has volunteered to train him. I know the whole premise raises flags, but I assure you I've done my due diligence that everything is on the up-and-up along those lines (they're always in a public place, there is more than one kid he is training, etc.). Anyway, my son has previously gone to these trainings sporadically. Right now it's looking more official and the trainer is offering to send my monthly emails about my son's progress and stuff.So now I'm concerned that I should be paying the guy (he's never asked). One of the other parents pays $200/month for her son. Honestly, I can't afford that on top of all my son's other activities. I don't know what to do -- I feel like I'm bilking this 20 year old; if I told my son he couldn't go because I can't afford it, my son would point out that the 20 year old never asked for money; I wonder if offering less would be worse than offering nothing. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2nbTOrr
No comments:
Post a Comment