Wednesday, 22 March 2017

My kid doesn't want anything to do with me.


I have a little girl who is almost 2. For some reason My daughter wants nothing to do with me. She would rather allow my wife, grand father, grandmother, baby sitter to hold/touch her than me. If we are in the same room and I come near anyone of them while the are holding her, my daughter will physically push me away. My daughter does like it when my wife and I touch either. If we hold hands or hug one another, she will run from another room crying and trying to separate us. When I come home from work she is excited to see me, but will no allow me to hold her or give her a hug. Even when she is sick, she would rather sit at a distance crying that let me touch her. If I attempt to pick her up she throws a tantrum. The rare times she will let me hold her is when I have a day off and my wife is at work, but as soon as my wife gets home she will jump out of my arms and want to my wife to hold her. Everyone I talk to says this is a phase, but this behavior started in the early months after her birth. I don't understand what I have done for her to treat me this way nor how to creat a bond with my daughter if she doesn't want one. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2nmJrBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment