
My twins are turning 16 next month and will be going for their license the weekend after their birthday. They are both good drivers and I am sure they will pass.My husband brought up possibly getting them a dash cam for the car. He's done some research on it (I haven't looked into it yet) and he thinks it has a lot of benefits.We would prefer one that can record in both directions. We live in a very white area and my kids are biracial. My husband has been pulled over multiple times in our town for driving while black. I am worried about this happening to my teens. You hear horror stories and I obviously don't want to be my kids. I would like something that can record the interaction with the police officer.I also think it's good for other reasons. My kids will be sharing my old car. Most dash cams come with CPS and I will be able to see where they went. Since they are new drivers, I do think it could help in the event of an accident as well. I also heard that some of them can help with parking.So, has anyone gotten dash cams for their teen drivers? Do you have one yourself? Any experiences. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2o2Y4aA
No comments:
Post a Comment