Tuesday, 21 March 2017

4 year old won't leave puppy alone


We just got a wiener dog puppy. She's very, very good, plays with the kids very nicely. But she's a baby, she needs to sleep like 16 hours a day. And my kiddo will. not. give her a break. She wants to play with the puppy all day, pick puppy up, etc. so I spend all day playing referee.Seems like every time I turn around, kiddo is breaking the puppy rules. I don't want to spend all day scolding her like I have been, and I can't take the puppy away like I would tv or a toy. Sometimes I lock the puppy in her crate (when she's already sleeping) to keep kiddo out of there, but that only works if I'm around to let the dog out when she wakes up.At this point I'm just hoping the novelty will eventually wear off, but that doesn't seem to be on the horizon. Anyone have any more creative suggestions?Edit: I just did a "hands on the wall" time out. The puppy took the opportunity to go to her crate, and kiddo will get another time out if she bugs the dog. Hope it sticks! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2mNQHnf

No comments:

Post a Comment