
I take my 3.5 year old daughter to this wading pool frequently. We went yesterday and I gave her goggles to use.This boy who looked to be a little older asked my daughter if he could borrow her goggles. My daughter came to me and told me he was asking that, and he was standing next to her. I asked her to get out and come to me, and I asked her quietly if she wanted to share them and she said no. So I coached her on a nice way to tell him that. "Thank you for asking nicely but I am using them". So she went and told him this, and this kid looked like he was going to explode in rage. Like he stood there and stared me down for a good awkward minute like he was going to turn into the hulk. Then I got a pretty nasty look from the adult that was with him.This is my first encounter like this and I am just a little confused. Was I being rude or something? If I take my daughter to a park and there are sand toys, or other toys that don't belong to her I make sure she asks if she can play and makes sure she knows it's totally okay if the other kid says no because they don't belong to her.How do you handle situations like this? I'm sure it won't be the last! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2vZu2ve
No comments:
Post a Comment