
I have a two year old and a four month old. I switched to full time parenting when my wife got her dream job in December. She returned to work early to stave off postpartum depression. It worked for her. I knew it would. It was working for me until lately.I have reached a plateau in the past two months where I often boil over with illogical inconsolable rage. When the rage subsides a lengthy state of numb detection towards all stimuli follows. My family are never and will never be on the receiving end of the rage. I leave the room, rage a bit, and punch inanimate objects until my logic kicks in. It offers a small respite but does not help and feels unhealthy. The apathy on the other hand they see. I can't help that. Meditation doesn't work, and getting a break just makes me feel like I'm not working and should be.The rage is triggered by my crying infant son, harmless disobedience of my two year old daughter, and revisited issues of chores around the house not receiving proper attention from my spouse. I can only find glasses with 2 inches of soda left in them on the nightstand so many times before I want to throw them on the lawn (I never have, I'm in control). And you can only tell someone their behavior bugs you so many times before accepting it won't permanently change.How do you handle your monkey brain rage with your young children? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2vSmHNU
No comments:
Post a Comment