Thursday, 24 August 2017

Publicly mommy shamed


sorry for the lengthy post. I just really needed to get this off my chest as its caused me a lot of anxietySo over the weekend i picked up my 3 year old son  from his grandparents house. They bought him a very nice imaginex batman toy. I decided to stop at the gas station with him to get my husband some sodas and a monster since he was on call all weekend so i thought it would be a nice treat for him. I also picked up candy and juice for my son. While in line my son was showing me a toy that he said he liked. I told him he could not have the toy because he just got a new toy and some candy. He was perfectly fine about not getting it and was very well behaved which is not always the case as it is with 3 year olds. This is where it gets stupid. A lady wearing a mid drift shirt that said "adult-ish" and daisy duke shorts started talking to my son. Never said a word to me but was trying to talk to my 3 year old son. I was right there so I did not say anything. Im checking out, trying to run my debit card, and keep an eye on the situation. The lady them said to my son that she would buy him that toy that he did not ask for and he was behaving really well standing next to me. I politely declined. She then kept insisting because, "I have 4 kids that I dont get to see and it would make me feel good to buy him a toy." I again politely declined to which she then became very rude to me and started saying thigs like "i feel so bad for your son because you dont let him have things" I then said "i aporeciate the offer but my son does not need every little thing he sees and we do not allow him to accept gifts from strangers" You guys. She lost it. Started yelling at me about how i can afford to get soda for myself but can't afford to buy my son a toy. We are not well off by any means but we make slightly more then we need. We are very fortunate because my husband and i both grew up in lower class homes and we want our son to understand the value of money and to not covet items but to enjoy life experiences instead. Also I'm sorry for your situation crazy gas station lady but my son is not your dumping ground for whatever emotional guilt that you have for not being able to take care of your own children. While Im taking our things and leaving with my son I am livid at this point because she is screaming at the top of her voice "Bad Mom" and pointing at me so I say "You are ugly on the inside. Have fun wih that" and leave. I get to my car and put my son in his car seat. I apologize to him that he had to see all that ugliness. I then get in my car, turn it on, get out my son's juice and give it to him along with a handful of one of the candies he asked for. By the time im trying to pull out this crazy lady is blocking my car from leaving and then came up to my car window screaming at me some more. I took the first chance i could to back up and just sped away. After this incident i am still 100% committed to not allowing my son to accept gifts from strangers and I still cannot believe this crazy lady nor the situation. I know parent shaming happened but I didnt realize something like could ever happen. Be safe everyone.  Maybe most strangers are not bad people but there are some that have alterior selfish motives and its those people that ruin it for everyone else. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2wC5xWe

No comments:

Post a Comment