
I breastfed my son until he was well into 2 years of age and gradually ever since he was weaned his interest in my breasts, like pulling at my shirt and asking to be breastfed was diminished, as to be expected. Occasionally he'll play and decide to playfully hit me in the breast area, and I"ll of course say that its not okay, but when he is not being playful or rambunctious and just puts his hands against my breast I will not scold him as I understand children are curious about bodies and he is not being inappropriate in my mind. He rarely ever does this and this is the first time my boyfriend has seen him do something like this, and when he did he immediately scolded him and told him that it wasn't okay and not to do that, he also scolded him because he lifted my shirt to look at my stomach and he told him it is not okay to lift peoples clothes. I became upset and told him to not make a big deal out of this, especially the lifting my shirt thing, as it is my body and it is my decision as to what I find inappropriate when my child interacts with me a certain way. We started arguing and basically his issues were that if we didn't enforce that breasts were inappropriate to touch, mind you he has only ever done this to me, he would grow up thinking it was okay to touch other peoples private areas and think it was okay. That allowing this would potentially make him grow up to molest other people because it would be "normal" to him. I was shocked to hear him say this sort of thing and obviously became incredible upset. I do not think that allowing him to occasional place his hands on my breasts or try and see what this part on mommy feels like would have him grow up thinking its okay to grope at others and molest them. I always try make distinctions with my child and tell him what is allowed at home, with his family or his mother. For example, telling him it is okay to allow only me or his grandma to handle his private areas when needed and not other people. I honestly think it is natural for children to be curious about their parents body parts and depending on what body parts set our boundaries and decide what is okay or not okay. Am I actually in the wrong and should I not let my 3 year old ever touch at my breasts, even though I tell him it is only okay to do this to mommy and not other people? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2gbJpuL
No comments:
Post a Comment