Monday, 21 August 2017

I'm almost positive my almost six year-old son is going to be gay. Am I speculating too soon?


There are times when my son, six next month, is all boy.. He loves dirt, getting messy, he's loud and rambunctious and fearless when it comes to playing or rough housing.At the same time, there are little things about him from his absolute adoration of female pop singers, dance, and song to the way ge often lowers the shoulder of his shirt to appear as they do. He is SUPER sassy and at times can carry a very feminine gait.His mother and I separated when he was an infant. While we share custody his mother is a very powerful force in his life, and he is surrounded by women when he's there.A few months ago he asked me casually, "can sons be daughters?" and couldn't elaborate more on it, and then continued to ramble on about something completely different. You know how they do.Today on the drive home from my father's house he said, "Dad, I wish I were a girl" and told me how he wanted someone to give him flowers and a ring.I joke about it with friends and family, and of course I don't give a shit who he likes, but people always seem to say, " well you never know!" Or something similar. I understand that it is a long time from now and that he's new to the world and doesn't understand concepts like the spectrum of sexuality. However I just can't shake the feeling. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2vjqLDe

No comments:

Post a Comment