
Okay, so I'm a mother of 2 kids aged 11 and 19. Our daughter, aged 11, has a YouTube channel and wanted to shoot a video with our 19 year old son while I recorded. So the game was one person would wrap their legs around the other's waist and squeeze as hard as possible. They would both do this and time how long it took for the person to give up, whoever gives up first loses.Our son did it first, he was squeezing her for a long time before I got bored, thought it was safe and set the camera down and made tea. I found out later by looking at the footage that he got bored too and gave up. Then when our daughter wrapped her legs around him and squeezed, he was in pain and gave up after about 30 seconds. (she does gymnastics and has strong legs, but then again she only weighs 60lbs so it didn't occur to me that she could hurt our son)But inevitably, our daughter didn't let go and enjoyed the power dynamic over her older brother. He got angry, tried hitting her, she got angry and squeezed harder. And after about 5 minutes our son puked (on my favourite rug!).I showed my husband the footage and the only time he got involved was to tell our son to "man up" or to congratulate our daughter. I don't know what to do, he's not taking it seriously at all. Meanwhile, our son is embarrassed and actually left the house early to go to his Uni accommodation. Advice? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2wBMvyo
No comments:
Post a Comment