
My X hasn't been in our child's life since birth. Yet, recently has come out of his shell claiming he wants to. I would have to travel across state to for our child to see him. But when I explained he should talk to our child over phone so they are comfortable with him, he never texted back. I realize now text messaging is a poor way for parents to communicate but it's easier for my schedule. However my child's father hasn't responded & I'm worried he's faking acting like he's ready to be a dad just to impress his family & partner. I really don't want to cancel the plan we made (or my flight). Can I tell him how I feel like: "I don't feel comfortable taking our child when you haven't tried to speak to him. If you're not interested in bonding with him, please just let me know today so I can cancel our flight." I don't want to be Mr. Nice guy anymore. We're both 30 & have moved on. He has kids with his wife & I'm engaged. When we first & last spoke he said his daughter was a mistake with his current wife....That may seem like gossip but I want readers to see the measure of a father he is. I want to demand he man uo but he's the type to shut down when you call him out for his BS. (My username is an inside joke between my fiancée & I. I know a lot of people tend to judge OPs based on that. Well that's not what I'm here for). via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2v5hgMO
No comments:
Post a Comment