Wednesday, 23 August 2017

13 year old hates me


I [Mom, 38] have a 13 year old daughter. Yesterday we had sort of a tough day (she was trying an activity for the first time and unfortunately it didn't go so well), so before she went to bed I went up to her room to tell her I was really proud of how she handled the situation, how she acted very mature and I am proud that she knew herself well enough in that situation to make a smart decision. Nice pep talk right? Well, she buried her head under her blanket and refused to even look at me or acknowledge me, so I left her room. She called after me as I left but I just continued on my way, didn't want to engage in any drama.She does this a lot when I try to talk to her or tell her good night - just covers her head and refuses to speak.Does she hate me? Do I just demand she look at me out of common respect? Or do I just stop trying to talk to her? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2g5p8XQ

No comments:

Post a Comment