Monday, 22 May 2017

I'm afraid my stepson (16M) has gone from disliking me and the kids I have with his father to hating us.


I posted here before about my stepson. I ended up confiding in my husband about it. He refused to just keep it between us and instead told my stepson's mother and had us all sit down with him.The talk was basically his father lecturing at him, his mother trying to be objective, and me sitting there quietly.After a little over an hour of talking, wherein stepson said not a word, he simply looked at me and said, "Wow, Micaela, engineering this lecture I didn't want or need to have after you begged me to tell you how I felt has somehow made me like you. It worked. Can I call you mom?"His dad grounded him after that, his mom lectured him about being disrespectful. And I'm sure this kid must hate my guts now. Before he was great at helping with his younger siblings. Now he outright ignores them unless we ask him to help over and over.Before he was respectful and cordial with me. Now he completely ignores my existence and only speaks to me when his father makes him.This isn't what I wanted to happen. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2rucCVN

No comments:

Post a Comment