Monday, 22 May 2017

Cosleeping masquerading as emotional abuse


After my divorce two years ago my 10 year-old son revealed that his mother has insisted that they sleep together in her bed. At first he was complicit because she thought he was lonely, but now he's become completely dependent on it and has full meltdowns about having to sleep alone when he's in my custody. We have joint custody where we alternate every week. I recently picked him up at her home and noticed a paper with my son's writing and his sister's writing on it. It was a "contract" drafted by his mother stating that any time he exhibited any bad behavior his punishment would be that he would be "forced" to sleep on his own for two weeks at a time. She made my 12 year old daughter signed it as witness. I feel this is doing severe psychological damage to my son and is at the very least inappropriate. He's about to enter puberty and he should not be spooning his 42 year old mother in bed every night. We never coslept with children when we were married. He has his own room in both my house and hers. I feel like I should get CPS involved because his meltdowns are very extreme. She's deranged in other ways, but this is the most obvious form of child abuse she's exhibited since our divorce. She also calls him bawling her eyes out when he's with me telling him that she can't sleep without him. Any thoughts? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ra7EOd

No comments:

Post a Comment