
We have a just turned 3 year old daughter. She a good kid, smart, funny, all the nice things parents say about their kids. But sometimes, she is such a, well, toddler. Ok, so I know that a 3 year old isn't always going to listen, is going to have moods and things are not always going to go smoothly. She's a person, not a robot. I get that.But this morning, I lost it with the resistance to getting ready, as I was trying to stick to a schedule. After 10 minutes of talking nicely, I just got fed up. I picked her up and brought her to the door to get her shoes on, and when she was trying to stop me I full on yelled at her. Like, a real yell. I told her I wasn't happy and she was in big trouble. I didn't full on yell for long, just that one line, and to be honest I think she got more upset that I said she was in big trouble vs the yelling. She still refused to get ready and I ended up smacking a container on the counter out of frustration, which scared her. I had to walk away as I was pretty pissed off to be honest.I know she's 3, so I have to have realistic expectations for how she is going to behave, but sometimes I'd really like it if she just sort of did as told. I'm not sure if this is just me not being a natural at parenting or just me being tired of the battle that parenting a toddler sometimes feels like. I'm not happy I got that upset, and I'm not happy I had to get my daughter in tears to get ready. After a minute I gave her a cuddle but told her I didn't like how the situation went and that we shouldn't have to get upset to get things done. This isn't the first time we've had this sort of thing happenI don't know what the point of this post is. Think I just needed to vent. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ruYXOA
No comments:
Post a Comment