
Sorry if this topic has been posited before, but I couldn't find a thread relating to this here. My girlfriend and I have just given birth to our wonderful son on February 27th! I was gifted two weeks of paternity leave from my company, and I have been looking forward to staying home with my baby boy. Here's where things are a little touchy. My girlfriend is a twin, and they've gone through life 'sharing' a lot of experiences. When she (gf) went away to college, the other would come visit every weekend. When she had lymphoma, the other was at her bed side every night until she was cured. I understand the unbreakable bonds of twins, so I didn't give pushback on her being a large part of our son's life--we even let her into the delivery room to witness our son's birth. So fast forward a few days later, and she's been sleeping over the past week, and from what I can understand, she expects to be here for the next. She was recently laid off from her job, and hasn't been looking for another one because she wants to be so involved in our son's life. My concern is this: are there any downsides to my son having all three of us pouring into him during this infant phase? There are times when I feel I have to compete with my gf's sister to hold my son, and change his diaper. Am I being selfish in wanting to have this beginning experience with my gf largely alone? I want her to be as involved as she wants, but at the same time I feel my position as the father in this household is being threatened. I have been asked to sleep on the couch for her on occasion, and have not allowed that to happen, yet. I appreciate any input! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2lJ6gLt
No comments:
Post a Comment