
My daughter (3) has a favorite toy she loves to take with her everywhere. We haven't lost it or misplaced it yet, but just in case of such an issue I have put identifying info on one of the labels. My daughters First name, middle and last name intials plus my phone number.I had the weirdest incident yesterday afternoon. I take my daughter to a local bounce house. Lots of stuff she can do without hurting herself. Anyways we have an issue with the toy being taken from my daughter by another older little girl (maybe like 5 or 6). After a few times of this I decide to just break for lunch and hopefully wait out this other kid or maybe even convince my daughter her baby is better off sitting with me or out in the car. We go to the on site cafeteria. During lunch a employee approaches and tells me another parent has accused my daughter of taking their kid's toy. I ask for clarification because I thought maybe there was a misunderstanding. Nope. We took a toy their child had brought in. Awkward to say the least.I told him what had happened and showed him the tag. I asked him to basically humor me and call the number. Sure enough my phone rings and it is resolved. Apologies and they ended up refunding the entrance fee for the awkward situation. They have multiple rooms in this place, so after running the toy out to the car for a 'nap' we go to one of the other rooms.Sure enough little girl finds us there too. Asks about the doll and I politely shut it down. I can pretty much figure out who the guardian of this kid is: the only woman giving me stink eye when she thinks I am not looking. Whatever. Sorry-not-so-sorry lying didn't get you what you wanted earlier and now the staff knows youvarw a liar as well. Whatever.But get this! The woman stops as we are leaving to ask where I had purchased the toy from. No apologies or even a half-assed attempt to blame it on a misunderstanding. It was my complete satisfaction to tell her I got it in 1993 at Disney World. Good luck finding that. Of course she had to have the last word and muttered a 'what a bitch' to her friends/group she was with. Didn't even entertain replying back to that. Not even worth the drama.Sorry the length got out of hand. The whole thing just pissed me off a little bit. I am sure we all have encountered someone that will flat out lie to get what they want, I just never thought I would meet one that was okay with taking something from a small child. I guess I try to convince my daughter to not take it in places anymore. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2mDDf44
No comments:
Post a Comment