Friday, 3 March 2017

One of my neighbours told me today they don't like when the kids in the street play with chalk because it makes the street look too messy


So I live in a really crappy neighbourhood but my street is awesome. We are at the end of a cul-de-sac and every day the kids play in the street from about 4-6pm when it's time to go in for dinner. There are about 6 family's with kids at the end of the street, and there's usually about 6 kids every day (of a maximum 12) ages 1-10, Different ones depending on different schedules.They play lots of games, they play ball games, ride their bikes and scooters, play hop scotch, play instruments, have tea parties and play dough. I bring a lot of fun stuff out to keep them interested and my 2 year old loves it, and the kids are all really great.Today they were playing with chalk and there were about 10 kids our drawing huge pictures all over the road. I thought it was great, until one of the mums came out and told me that she really doesn't like when the kids play with chalk because the street gets messy.The chalk came from my house, the kids ask for it all the time and have such a good time doing it. I kind of avoided talking about it with the mum because I was pretty shocked she thought it was a problem and now I'm worried about letting the kids have chalk again. I kind of love seeing the pictures they make on the road but I really hate the idea that I'm annoying my neighbour.She's a really lovely lady, she brought me freshly baked bread a couple of weeks ago (it was delicious) and she's excellent with my daughter, always friendly to us and I see her every day.I really don't want to stop the chalk, but I don't want to alienate her at the same time.Any suggestions welcome on how to keep her happy but let the kids be kids! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2miMYR7

No comments:

Post a Comment